From Dallas Mavericks
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
DALLAS (AP) – Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki says he’s encouraged after the first knee surgery of his career but says a timetable for his return is “pretty ridiculous to talk about.”
Nowitzki walked gingerly but without a noticeable limp on Tuesday, four days after arthroscopic surgery on his ailing right knee. Coach Rick Carlisle said the 11-time All-Star was expected to miss six weeks.
The 34-year-old Nowitzki battled soreness and swelling in the knee throughout training camp and only played in one preseason game – the opener in his native Germany.
Nowitzki has never missed more than nine games in a season during his 14-year career, but the Mavericks are likely to be more than 10 games into the season before he returns.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out