LANCASTER (CBSDFW.COM) - Lancaster High School was placed on lockdown Tuesday after a student was suspected of bringing a gun on campus. The lockdown lasted an hour and a half and has since been lifted.
Sonya Cole-Hamilton, the Director of Communications for the district, says a student at the high school overheard another student talking about bringing a gun on campus that day. The student then reported this to school administrators.
As a precaution, the school was placed on lockdown. The student was apprehended and no weapon was found in his possession.
Police continued searching the campus for a weapon while the student was being questioned.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out