ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Three people who were stealing credit cards from unsuspecting shoppers are in jail, according to Arlington police.
The trio, two men and a woman, worked together for several weeks to snatch wallets out of the purses of their victims. About a dozen women were targeted, all of them over the age of 50.
Police say the thieves would wait until their victims left their grocery cart unattended before taking their wallets from their purses. The suspects would then use the stolen credit cards to buy gas, gift cards and other items.
Jamie Farris, 27, has been charged with three counts of credit card abuse.
Roderick Gwyn, 44, has been charged with six counts of credit card abuse and credit card abuse to the elderly.
Everitt Stith, 26, was arrested in Mobile, Ala. awaiting extradition on 10 felony warrants out of Arlington.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct