DALLAS (AP) - A transit official says a man walking on railroad tracks in Dallas has been struck and killed by a commuter train.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) spokesman Morgan Lyons says Wednesday morning’s accident involved a Trinity Railway Express (TRE) train going about 55 mph.
Morgan Lyons on KRLD describing the event
Officials did not immediately identify the victim, who was hit while near a trestle and dead at the scene.
Lyons says nobody on board the westbound train was injured.
DART and the Fort Worth Transportation Authority co-own the Trinity Railway Express. The system provides commuter rail service between Dallas and Fort Worth.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct
- Riders Down After Spending Hours Atop State Fair Swing
- Parents Of First Grader Say Son Was Bullied By Own Teacher