From Dallas Mavericks
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
DALLAS (AP) – The Mavericks have surrounded Dirk Nowitzki with a bunch of veteran newcomers and a lot of players with one-year deals.
Dallas now seems to be holding season-long auditions after being unable to persuade Deron Williams to come home to play and team up with its 11-time All-Star. While trying to get back in the playoffs this season, the Mavs are also keeping financial flexibility if they want to take another stab at a big-name free agent next summer.
One big kink in the plan is that Nowitzki won’t be playing with Elton Brand, Darren Collison, Dahntay Jones, Chris Kaman and O.J. Mayo at the start of the season. The 34-year-old Nowitzki will likely miss at least the first 10 games after arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct
- Riders Down After Spending Hours Atop State Fair Swing
- Parents Of First Grader Say Son Was Bullied By Own Teacher