From Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) – Nothing against Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys, but the New York Giants defense just feels it is in a better place to face their NFC East rivals this time.
The Cowboys (3-3) embarrassed the defending Super Bowl champions 24-17 in the NFL kickoff Sept. 5, and the host Giants (5-2) readily admit it.
Dallas dominated after intermission, scoring on its first three possessions while using the fourth to run out the clock. Seemingly everything the road team tried worked.
Romo and company had the ball for 17:30 and scored on drives of 80, 65 and 82 yards, with the last one covering 112 yards when penalties added an extra 30 yards.
This time, though, the Giants are healthier, the secondary is solid and the defense is jelling. They’re also back in first place.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct
- Riders Down After Spending Hours Atop State Fair Swing
- Parents Of First Grader Say Son Was Bullied By Own Teacher