From College Sports
DALLAS (AP) – With Brittney Griner and all the starters back from Baylor’s 40-0 season, the race in the Big 12 likely will be who finishes second behind the Lady Bears.
It is no surprise that Baylor is the overwhelming favorite to win the league again _ and perhaps a second-straight national title.
At the Big 12 women’s media day Thursday, Oklahoma coach Sherri Coale said Griner makes the Lady Bears special and unique. Kansas coach Bonnie Henrickson says they’re arguably the best team in America.
Baylor coach Kim Mulkey says the goal isn’t and never was to go undefeated. The only goal is to win championships.
Griner, the 6-foot-8 two-time All-American and AP player of the year last season, is going into her senior season.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct