From Dallas Mavericks
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Mavericks announced on Thursday that free agent center Eddy Curry has been awarded to the team on a waiver claim. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“We are excited to bring Eddy Curry to Dallas,” President of Basketball Operations Donnie Nelson said. “He has worked extremely hard this offseason and can provide our front line with much needed depth.”
Curry spent training camp this season with the San Antonio Spurs, where he appeared in five games and averaged 8.4 points and 3.4 rebounds in 15.4 minutes per game. Curry was waived on Wednesdaay by the Spurs.
Drafted fourth overall by Chicago in 2001, the 7-foot Curry has appeared in 525 career games with Chicago, New York and Miami and averaged 13.0 points and 5.2 rebounds in 24.9 minutes per game.
Curry is expected to join the team on Friday morning.
The team’s roster now stands at 16 players and must be trimmed to 15 by Monday’s deadline.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct