From College Sports
MANHATTAN, KS (AP) - Tommy Tuberville remembers having a conversation with Bill Snyder shortly after the longtime Kansas State coach had returned to the sideline from a brief retirement.
Tuberville was working as a broadcaster at the time, and remembers Snyder telling him how much work had to be done with the Wildcats to get the program back where he wanted it.
Well, the program is just about back to where Snyder wanted it these days, and little could Tuberville have known that his 15th-ranked Red Raiders could present the biggest hurdle to the No. 4 Wildcats’ perfect regular season on Saturday.
No. 4 Kansas State (7-0, 4-0 Big 12) is coming off a blowout win at West Virginia, while the 15th-ranked Red Raiders (6-1, 3-1) followed up their own win over the Mountaineers with a triple-overtime win against TCU last Saturday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct