FORT WORTH (AP) – Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price has wrapped up her first full season of “rolling town halls,” bike rides designed to encourage fitness that have also resulted in lots of interaction with the public on city issues.
On Friday night Price lead about 100 riders from downtown to a historic cemetery and back. There have been about 50 rides so far.
Some of what citizens have told her has made its way into city policy. After two riders wondered why apartments don’t recycle, the idea made it into an ordinance due to take effect in 2014.
Price tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, “If you’re stupid enough to put on Spandex and go out in public, people’ll talk to you.”
Next year’s series will kick off in the spring.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct