DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks have waived forward/center Melvin Ely and forward Chris Douglas-Roberts, leaving them with still one roster move to make by Monday.
The moves Sunday came only a day after Ely and Douglas-Roberts signed non-guaranteed contracts, and before they had even practiced with the team.
That leaves Dallas with 16 players on the roster, one over the limit it has to get to a day before Tuesday night’s season opener at the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Mavericks are expected to permanently part with guard Delonte West, who last week was suspended indefinitely Thursday for unspecified conduct considered detrimental to the team. It was his second suspension this month.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct