DALLAS (AP) - A judge has sentenced to 35 years in federal prison a man who admitted to being the “Handsome Guy Bandit” responsible for 11 North Texas bank holdups.
Steven Ray Milam pleaded guilty in Dallas last May to 11 federal counts of bank robbery. U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay sentenced the 45-year-old Richardson, Texas, man on Monday.
The “Handsome Guy Bandit” got his name from tellers at the banks he robbed, who described the mask he wore. Milam was arrested January 3 in Mississippi after a chase on Interstate 10 in which a sheriff shot out a tire on the vehicle Milam was driving.
Prosecutors had said Milam could have received from 32 years to life in prison.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct