ORLANDO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) - President Barack Obama has now cancelled a pair of planned campaign appearances in Florida and Wisconsin in order to return to Washington to oversee the federal government’s response to the ever-threatening Hurricane Sandy.
With the massive East Coast storm playing havoc with people’s work and school at the beginning of the new week, Obama press secretary Jay Carney says the president is returning to the capital Monday to, quote, “monitor the preparations for and early response” to the hurricane.
President Obama was scheduled to appear at a rally in Orlando on Monday before traveling to Green Bay, Wis., on Tuesday.
Four critical election states are affected by the storm _ North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio and New Hampshire.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press contributed to this report. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct