From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) – The Rangers have declined a $9.25 million club option for Scott Feldman and a $1.2 million option for Yoshinori Tateyama, making both right-handers free agents.
Texas also Tuesday reinstated right-hander Neftali Feliz from the 60-day disabled list and purchased the contract of right-hander Justin Miller from Triple-A Round Rock.
Feldman has spent his entire career in the Rangers organization since getting drafted in 2003. After winning 17 games in 2009, Feldman got a three-year contract that earned him nearly $14 million, including a $600,000 buyout.
He was the opening day starter in 2010, but has won only 15 games in the past three seasons while being hampered by a right knee injury that required surgery.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct