Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) - Last year, Adrian Beltre became the Texas Rangers’ first Gold Glove third baseman since Buddy Bell in 1984. This year, he became the Rangers’ first back-to-back Gold Glove recipient since first baseman Mark Teixeira.
Beltre led the American League with a .974 fielding percentage at third base, with 8 errors in 312 total chances. That’s the second-best showing of his career, and the eight errors are the fewest by any American League third baseman with at least 125 starts since 2006.
Beltre is the lone Ranger on the 2012 Gold Glove recipients announced Tuesday by the Rawlings Sporting Goods Co. He’s now won American League Gold Gloves at third base in four of the past six years, including 2007 and 2008 with Seattle.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct