Reporting Jason Allen
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – Bronze placards recalling big moments in Dallas Cowboys history have been steadily disappearing from a Grapevine golf course.
Grapevine Police said the Cowboys Golf Club reported that one of the markers was missing October 15. Since then, 12 of the 18 large, rectangular placards have disappeared.
Police reports don’t indicate an exact value for the placards, but classified the theft as falling between $1,500 and $20,000.
Course managers did not immediately return calls or emails Thursday.
The course opened in 2001 and billed itself as the first NFL-themed golf course.
The website says “Historical markers along the golf course provide a unique insight into the illustrious plays and prominent players who created an era of mystique that fascinated sports fans worldwide.”
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican