TYLER (AP) - The financially strapped oldest junior college in Texas has received permission to hire an auctioneer and sell some buildings.
A bankruptcy judge in Tyler on Wednesday approved plans by Lon Morris College in Jacksonville to hire AmeriBid LLC. Brent Wellings with AmeriBid says the auction could be scheduled for December.
Lon Morris College sought bankruptcy protection in July.
Fall classes were suspended at the 158-year-old United Methodist complex because U.S. law bars federal assistance for students at schools that file for bankruptcy.
The Texas attorney general’s office is investigating how a $1.3 million endowment was spent by the school.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican