FORT WORTH (AP) – NASCAR Sprint Cup points leader Jimmie Johnson is on the pole again.
Johnson is the top qualifier for the race at Texas Motor Speedway after a fast lap of 191.076 mph Friday. It’s his second week in a row as the polesitter, and he won last week at Martinsville to take over the points lead with three races left.
Brad Keselowski, only two points behind Johnson in the standings, qualified eighth at a track where he has never had a top-10 finish.
Johnson finished second at Texas in April, a race won by Greg Biffle.
Biffle will start on the front row with Johnson on Sunday after qualifying second with a lap of 190.382 mph.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
*Listen to the AAA Texas 500 race locally on 105.3 The Fan
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican