Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) - The Texas Rangers have claimed catcher Konrad Schmidt off waivers from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The 28-year-old Schmidt played in four games for the Diamondbacks last season and spent the rest of the year at Triple-A Reno, batting .277 with seven home runs, 24 doubles and 47 RBIs in 93 games. He threw out 14 of 55 attempted base stealers, a 25.6 percent rate that was fifth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
In eight career major league games, Schmidt is 1 for 15 with two RBIs. The Ranges have added him to their 40-man roster, which now stands at 34 players.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican