NASHVILLE (AP) - Blake Shelton is entertainer of the year at the Country Music Association Awards.
“The Voice” star won the award for the first time Thursday night, beating out previous winners Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley and Taylor Swift and fellow nominee Jason Aldean.
It was the third win of an emotional night and caps one of country’s best career reboots.
The 36-year-old Oklahoma native had reached a stagnant point in his career, but started to climb again about three years ago with a series of hit singles, his marriage to fellow country star Miranda Lambert and his appearance in the spinning chair on “The Voice.”
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican