KILLEEN (AP) – A Central Texas middle school teacher has been put on paid leave after an 11-year-old student complained his mouth was taped shut.
The Killeen Independent School District said Thursday that Clarence Williams will remain on leave pending an administrative review.
Ernesto Ortiz of Killeen says his boy had three pieces of duct tape put on his mouth Oct. 23 and left in place for about 45 minutes.
Ortiz says his son’s mouth swelled and some skin came off with the tape following the incident at Palo Alto Middle School. A school nurse had to help remove the duct tape.
School officials did not immediately provide details on what prompted the teacher to allegedly tape the boy’s mouth.
No publicly listed telephone number could immediately be located Friday for Williams.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican