Follow the action on Twitter by using the widget on the righthand side of this page.
DALLAS (AP) - The union seeking to represent customer-service agents at American Airlines says dates for an election have been set.
The Communication Workers of America said Thursday that the National Mediation Board ordered voting from Dec. 4 through Jan. 15.
The union is seeking to organize about 9,700 employees, the largest bloc of Fort Worth-based American workers not already in a union.
American had sued the mediation board. A judge in Texas ruled in American’s favor but was overturned. The airline argued that a law passed in February means the union must show support from at least 50 percent of the agents to force an election. American now takes the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
American parent AMR Corp. filed for bankruptcy reorganization a year ago.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican