FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The pastor who was murdered inside his own church was laid to rest Saturday.
Hundreds attended the funeral for Pastor Danny Kirk, who was the senior pastor at Sweethome Missionary Baptist Church in Forest Hill.
The funeral was held at Great Commission Baptist Church in Fort Worth. Hundreds paid their respects to the man who lived his life to serve God.
His son, Danny Kirk Jr., 17, brought mourners to their feet when he sang his father’s favorite gospel song.
He urged everyone to forgive loved ones and thanked everyone for their love and support.
Pastor Kirk is survived by his wife and son.
MORE: North Texas Pastor Killed, Assailant Later Pronounced Dead
MORE: Son Of Murdered Pastor Says Father Had No Enemies
MORE: Church Members Clean Up, Remember Murdered Pastor
MORE: Family & Friends Remember Murdered Pastor
MORE: Widow Calls Man Who Killed Pastor “Mentally Ill”
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican