LOS ANGELES (AP) - Older CBS shows like “Medium” and “Numb3rs” are coming to the $8-per-month online video service Hulu Plus.
Monday’s deal falls short of what other broadcast networks provide. ABC, NBC and Fox, whose parent companies own Hulu, offer recently aired episodes, such as free next-day access for NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.”
CBS offers next-day access to shows like “The Amazing Race” on CBS.com but not Hulu.
The addition of some 2,600 episodes of older CBS content starting in January bolsters the Hulu Plus offering, which has more than 2 million subscribers. Certain episodes will be offered for free to promote full-season access through the paid subscription plan.
CBS will earn unspecified licensing revenue from the multi-year agreement.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican