DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. has begun flights to the southernmost city in the continental United States.
Dallas-based Southwest on Sunday began service to Key West International Airport.
Key West, Fla., became the 78th city served by Southwest. Key West formerly was served by AirTran Airways, which Southwest purchased last year.
Southwest plans to eventually discontinue the AirTran brand but that could take several years.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican