CANTON (CBSDFW.COM) – There were some frightening moments for workers at the City of Canton Administration Annex after an 18-wheeler careened out of control and crashed into the building.
The rock hauler was heading east on Highway 64 when it hit a Ford Explorer. The crash caused the semi to swerve out of control and hit the building.
The Canton Administration Annex houses the City Secretary’s Office, the Water Department and Canton Human Resources. There were five or six employees working there when the accident happened. When the rock hauler hit the building the cab of the truck burst into flames and all of the city employees ran out the back of the building.
The driver of the rock hauler was killed. There were two people inside the Ford Explorer, but none were injured.
Also Check Out:
- Four-Year-Old Set To Undergo 40th Surgery
- North Texas Man Jailed For Skipping Jury Duty
- Rockwall Teen Found Dead In Apparent Homicide
- Bell Helicopter Shows Off Newest Product
- Badly Injured Dog Struggles To Survive