From College Sports
NEW YORK (AP) - A person familiar with the decision says New Orleans will be the site of the new marquee bowl game between the Southeastern Conference and Big 12.
The game will still be called the Sugar Bowl and will be played in the Superdome, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because it had not been formally announced.
Several sites were vying to host the game, including Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The game will start in 2014, when the new four-team playoff postseason begins. It will match the champions from the SEC and Big 12, unless those teams are selected to the national semifinals.
In that case, two other highly rated teams from those conferences will be paired up.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican