WACO (AP) – A Central Texas man has been sentenced to death for the shooting deaths of two people at an apartment complex.
Ricky Donnell Cummings of Waco was convicted last week in the March 2011 shooting deaths of 17-year-old Tyus Sneed and 20-year-old Keenan Hubert. A jury took about four hours to sentence Cummings on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old Cummings was accused of shooting Sneed and Hubert as retaliation for another shooting death.
Family members of the victims and defendant scuffled outside the courtroom last week. There was no immediate reaction from the courtroom gallery when the sentence was read, although officers filled the courtroom.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 4-Year-Old Set To Undergo 40th Surgery
- North Texas Man Jailed For Skipping Jury Duty
- Rockwall Teen Found Dead In Apparent Homicide
- Bell Helicopter Shows Off Newest Product
- Badly Injured Dog Struggles To Survive