DALLAS (AP) – O.J. Mayo and Chris Kaman each scored 22 points as the short-handed Dallas Mavericks won their third straight game, beating the Toronto Raptors 109-104 Wednesday night.
The Mavericks, who jumped out to a 16-point lead early in the second quarter, improved to 4-1 for the first time since 2007-08.
Dallas played without forwards Shawn Marion and Elton Brand. Marion was sidelined with a sprained left knee ligament, and Brand left the team for the birth of his second child.
Andrea Bargnani scored 25 points for Toronto and DeMar DeRozan added 24. Raptors starting point guard Kyle Lowry didn’t play after he sprained his right ankle Tuesday night against Oklahoma City.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 4-Year-Old Set To Undergo 40th Surgery
- North Texas Man Jailed For Skipping Jury Duty
- Rockwall Teen Found Dead In Apparent Homicide
- Bell Helicopter Shows Off Newest Product
- Badly Injured Dog Struggles To Survive