EL PASO (AP) - A West Texas lawyer is expected to plead not guilty at a detention hearing on charges he laundered more than $600 million in drug profits for a Mexican drug cartel.
Court records show El Paso lawyer Marco Antonio Delgado is to appear at his arraignment and detention hearing Thursday. His attorney, Jose Montes, said Delgado will plead not guilty.
In a statement, Homeland Security Investigations said Delgado was arrested last week and detained at the El Paso County Jail.
The statement didn’t specify which cartel Delgado is accused to have been involved with. An indictment says Delgado conspired between July 2007 and December 2008 to launder the cartel’s drug profits.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 4-Year-Old Set To Undergo 40th Surgery
- North Texas Man Jailed For Skipping Jury Duty
- Rockwall Teen Found Dead In Apparent Homicide
- Bell Helicopter Shows Off Newest Product
- Badly Injured Dog Struggles To Survive