WACO (AP) - Baylor freshman Isaiah Austin missed the second game of the season for the 19th-ranked Bears.
Austin was out Sunday against Jackson State after he sprained his right ankle during his impressive collegiate debut two days earlier.
The 7-foot-1 center scored 22 points in 17 minutes Friday in Baylor’s 99-77 win over Lehigh. Austin rolled his ankle early in the second half when he came down on the foot of a defender after making a turnaround jumper.
It isn’t clear how long Austin will be out.
The Bears are playing five games in the first 10 days of the season, next at the Charleston Classic. They open that tournament Thursday against Boston College.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 4-Year-Old Set To Undergo 40th Surgery
- North Texas Man Jailed For Skipping Jury Duty
- Rockwall Teen Found Dead In Apparent Homicide
- Bell Helicopter Shows Off Newest Product
- Badly Injured Dog Struggles To Survive