MANHATTAN (AP) - Wayne Dedrick scored 21 points, Jaime Smith added 18 and Division II Alabama-Huntsville held on for a 78-75 victory over North Texas in a Preseason NIT game on Monday night.
The Chargers (2-0) will play Kansas State on Tuesday for a spot in the tournament semifinals at Madison Square Garden.
Jordan Williams led the Mean Green (0-2) with 26 points.
Dedrick made one of two free throws to give Alabama-Huntsville a 76-73 lead with 15.9 seconds remaining. North Texas cut the gap to a point with a quick layup, but the Mean Green had to foul, and Xavier Baldwin made both free throws.
A last-second 3-pointer by North Texas’ Chris Jones did not connect.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 4-Year-Old Set To Undergo 40th Surgery
- North Texas Man Jailed For Skipping Jury Duty
- Rockwall Teen Found Dead In Apparent Homicide
- Bell Helicopter Shows Off Newest Product
- Badly Injured Dog Struggles To Survive