For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS DFW's
FLOWER MOUND (AP) - Actress and CBS reality show “Survivor” contestant Lisa Whelchel says she’s been diagnosed with West Nile virus.
The 49-year-old former star of the “The Facts of Life” television show used Facebook and Twitter to announce her illness.
Whelchel, who lives in the Dallas suburb of Flower Mound, said a doctor called her Tuesday with blood test results. She says she’s “fine, just tired” and expects to take a year to fully recover.
Whelchel is competing on this year’s “Survivor” program, which was taped in the Philippines. She has not said where or when she believes she contracted the West Nile virus.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl