WACO (AP) - Brittney Griner scored 27 points with eight rebounds and No. 1 Baylor overwhelmed sixth-ranked Kentucky 85-51 on Tuesday night.
Odyssey Sims added 18 points and Destiny Williams had 14 points and 12 rebounds for the defending national champion Lady Bears, who have won 42 games in a row. They play fourth-ranked Stanford in Hawaii on Friday.
After unfurling their 2012 national championship banner before the game, the Lady Bears (2-0) went on to build a 46-19 halftime lead against the defending SEC champions who returned four starters.
A’dia Mathies, the reigning SEC player of the year, had 12 points on 3-of-18 shooting for Kentucky (1-1).
Griner missed her first two shots, but the 6-foot-8 All-American then made 11 in a row. She also had five blocked shots and three steals.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl