MANHATTAN (AP) – Tony Mitchell had 18 points and 10 rebounds, and North Texas used a big second-half run to beat Lamar 74-59 on Tuesday night in a consolation game in the NIT Season Tip-Off.
The Mean Green led just 45-41 with 14:49 remaining, but Mitchell’s 3-pointer keyed a 12-0 run, and North Texas eventually pushed the lead to 70-48 before coasting the rest of the way.
Alzee Williams added 17 points, and Chris Jones had 15 points and seven assists for the Mean Green (1-2), who lost to Division II Alabama-Huntsville in the tournament’s opening round.
Donnell Minton scored 15 points to lead Lamar (0-2), which lost to Kansas State in the opening round. Rhon Mitchell added 13 points as the defending Southland Conference tournament champions committed 23 turnovers and made only one 3-pointer.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl