WACO (AP) - Baylor quarterback Nick Florence has never tried to be like Robert Griffin III, the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback he succeeded.
Still, Florence has numbers that are very comparable to what Griffin did.
Florence is the Bowl Subdivision leader in total offense and passing yards per game. Through nine games, he has more yards passing (3,191 to 3,093), one more rushing touchdown (six to five) and has been sacked five times less than Griffin at the same point last season.
The wins just haven’t come as frequently for the Bears (4-5), who are still trying to get bowl eligible.
They are home Saturday night against second-ranked Kansas State (10-0), the No. 1 team in the BCS standings with quarterback Collin Klein, this year’s Heisman front-runner.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl