From College Sports
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) – Pierre Jackson had a season-high 31 points, Isaiah Austin had 16 and No. 16 Baylor rallied in the second half to beat Boston College 84-74 on Thursday in the Charleston Classic.
The Bears (3-0) will face Colorado, the team they beat in last season’s NCAA run to the final eight, on Friday for a spot in Sunday night’s championship final. Jackson led the way for Baylor with six of his team’s 12 3-pointers.
Still, the Bears trailed 52-47 with about 15 minutes to go when Jackson and Austin fueled a 10-0 run to gain control. Austin had two inside baskets, and Jackson two 3-pointers to put Baylor ahead for good.
Boston College (1-1) got 25 points from sophomore Ryan Anderson. The Eagles will play Dayton on Friday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl