From College Sports
DALLAS (AP) - Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o are the finalists for the Maxwell Award, which goes to the nation’s top college football player.
The finalists for the Maxwell and several other awards to be presented Dec. 6 in Orlando on ESPN were announced Tuesday.
Te’o is also a finalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, given to the top defensive player in the country. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones are the other finalists.
Klein, Manziel and Ohio State’s Braxton Miller are the finalists for the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
*Listen to Texas A&M ‘Aggie’ football locally on 105.3 The Fan
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl