DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – If you’re traveling in or out of Dallas Love Field Airport this holiday season, pay close attention to the signs. The terminal entrances are different, and the parking situation has changed.
Directional signs and maps are located throughout the garage elevators, escalators and entrances to aid travelers. Additionally, Love Field volunteers will be stationed throughout Terminal 2 and Garage A to answer passenger questions.
But preparing for the confusion prior to heading to the airport can help. Here are a few tips provided by the airport in anticipation of your trip to Love Field.
- Arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight to allow enough time for check-in, baggage check, security and any unplanned event. Check with your airline for flight departure/arrival status.
- There are approximately 7,000 parking spots in Garages A and B, as well as additional parking at private parking companies near the airport.
- Carry-on items are limited to one small bag and one personal item (i.e.: camera, laptop, briefcase and purse).
- Make sure all gifts are unwrapped for both carry-on and checked baggage.
- Currently pies and cakes are permitted through security checkpoints, but be aware that Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations may change. Sauces, jams, jellies, wines, and other liquid and food items must be in checked baggage.
Additionally, the airport has provided a recap of the improvements and a list of tips to follow when at the airport.
- Love Field opened the new Ticketing/Check-In wing on November 1, 2012. The new Ticketing/Check-In will initially be used for Southwest Airlines passengers.
- Passengers flying out of Terminal 2 (Southwest Airlines) should be dropped off in front of the new Ticketing/Check-In on the upper roadway of Cedar Springs Road (Herb Kelleher Way).
- Curbside check-in for Southwest passengers is now in front of the new Ticketing/Check-In wing on the upper roadway of Cedar Springs Road (Herb Kelleher Way).
- The main entrance into Terminal 2 (Southwest Airlines) is closed due to construction. In the interim, the Ticketing/Check-In area will serve as the main entrance for Terminal 2.
- For Southwest passengers parked in Garages A or B, use the Pedestrian Bridge on the third level of the garages to enter into Ticketing/Check-In for Terminal 2.
- Passengers flying out of Terminal 1 (United Airlines and Delta Air Lines) can still be dropped off and picked up in front of Terminal 1. Passengers who are self-parked should use Garage B and take the ground level crosswalk.
- Pick up for Southwest Airlines passengers is in front of Baggage Claim on the upper roadway of Cedar Springs Road (Herb Kelleher Way). Taxi, limo and for hire shuttles also pick up in this area.
- All courtesy shuttle (hotel, car rental, private parking) pick up is now on the lower level of Baggage Claim. Use the escalators and stairs located in Baggage Claim to access this area. For people in need of elevator access, please use the elevators located in the Ticketing/Check-In area.
- There is no curbside parking and towing will be enforced.
The construction and renovations are part of the Love Field Modernization Program, an ongoing improvement process aimed at transforming the airport into one of the nation’s premiere and modern airport facilities. For more information, visit www.LoveEvolution.info.
Also Check Out: