NEW YORK (AP) - New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees says he is donating $1 million to Superstorm Sandy relief efforts.
Brees told CBS’ “Person to Person” in an interview to air Friday that the donation will come through the Dream Foundation he runs with his wife, Brittany. He did not say who will be receiving the donation.
“We want to be able to give back what’s been given to us,” Drew Brees tells co-hosts Charlie Rose and Lara Logan on “Person To Person.” The couple also say their foundation will infuse $2 million into the New Orleans community before the Super Bowl in February.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl