EL PASO (AP) — Services will be held Wednesday in West Texas for actor Sherman Hemsley who died in July but an estate fight delayed his burial.
San Jose Funeral Home in El Paso has announced Hemsley’s funeral will be at noon Wednesday at Cielo Vista Church. Burial will follow at Fort Bliss National Cemetery. Funeral home officials say the services are open to the public.
Hemsley served in the Air Force before turning to acting and gaining fame as George Jefferson on the TV sitcom “The Jeffersons.” He died July 24 of lung cancer.
Hemsley’s will named his longtime friend Flora Enchinton Bernal as his heir. His half-brother from Philadelphia, Richard Thornton, challenged the will.
A judge in El Paso on November 9 ruled the will is valid.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl