DALLAS (AP) - Part of downtown Dallas has a new look following the implosion of a vacant eight-story office building.
Demolition crews on Sunday used explosives to bring down the nearly 90-year-old Thomas Building.
The structure, which formerly housed cotton-related businesses, has been empty for almost 20 years. Preservation Dallas in 2004 listed the Thomas Building as endangered.
The site is expected to be turned into a parking lot.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl