From College Sports
AUSTIN (AP) – Texas has a new rival. Or make that an old one.
With the breakup of the annual Texas-Texas A&M rivalry after more than 100 years, the No. 18 Longhorns will face Big 12 newcomer TCU on Thanksgiving night in a renewal of an old Southwest Conference grudge match.
Several Longhorns (8-2, 5-2 Big 12) say not playing the Aggies feels kind of weird. Senior safety Kenny Vaccaro says he misses the rivalry with A&M “a lot” and wishes he could play them “one more time.”
TCU (6-4, 3-4) is one of Texas’ oldest rivals. The teams have met 83 times, but just once since 1995.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl