CHARLOTTESVILLE (AP) – Freshman Justin Anderson scored 14 points, and freshmen Teven Jones and Evan Nolte added 13 each as Virginia defeated North Texas 80-64 in NIT consolation action on Tuesday night.
Virginia had five players score in double figures.
Tony Mitchell led North Texas (3-3) with 16 points.
Virginia (4-2) shot 59 percent from the field (27 of 46), including 73 percent from 3-point range (8 of 11), and held North Texas to 36 percent (21 of 58).
After trailing by 20 at the half, North Texas, using a full-court press, whittled the lead to nine on a 3-point play by Jordan Williams, but Virginia responded with a 10-2 run to pull away.
The spurt was highlighted by Anderson, who had six of the points and a block of a Williams’ layup attempt that ignited the charge.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck