FORT WORTH (AP) - Devonta Abron had 13 points and 12 rebounds in his first start at TCU as the Horned Frogs defeated Navy 47-45 Tuesday night.
Abron didn’t attempt a field goal in the first half but then made five of six shots in the second half and was instrumental in the Frogs turning around a game with nine ties and nine lead changes.
A transfer from Arkansas, Abron led the Razorbacks in rebounding as a true freshman last season before being granted an NCAA waiver to be eligible to play this season.
TCU (4-1) has held four of its first five opponents to fewer than 50 points.
Worth Smith scored 14 points and Brandon Venturini had 12 points for Navy (2-3).
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck