FORT WORTH (AP) - A North Texas auto repair shop owner has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for the fatal shooting of a fired worker during an argument.
Jurors in Fort Worth convicted Arthur Foley Jr. of murder. He was sentenced Tuesday for the May 2011 death of Brandon Sibley. Foley testified Sibley was intoxicated.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports witnesses testified Sibley owed Foley about $400 and left some stereo speakers at the shop as collateral.
Employee Willie Davis testified that Sibley later returned and was told the speakers had been stolen. Davis offered to replace the speakers or give Sibley cash.
Sibley got into an argument with Foley’s sister. Foley testified he picked up a gun that fell from Sibley’s pants and shot the ex-worker to protect his sibling.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck