LAHAINA (AP) - Dewayne Dedmon hit a layup and a free throw with less than two minutes left in overtime to help USC beat Texas 59-53 on Tuesday at the Maui Invitational.
Sheldon McClellan banked in a putback jumper with 25.9 seconds left to put Texas within two points, but J.T. Terrell made two free throws on the next possession to seal the win for the Trojans.
Eric Wise led USC (3-1) with 13 points. Julien Lewis had 17 for Texas (2-2).
In a game with 12 ties and nine lead changes, neither team led by more than three points after halftime until overtime.
Both teams combined to shoot under 36 percent _ under 30 percent in the second half.
USC will play Marquette on Wednesday in the tournament’s fifth-place game.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck