Reporting Chuck Schechner
For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS DFW's
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Friday could be one of the busiest days of the year in your local emergency room.
With Thanksgiving dinner behind us, emergency rooms can get terribly busy.
Dr. Robert Genzel in the ER at Texas Health Harris Methodist in Fort Worth says issues like diabetes and heart issues can become severe.
KRLD’s Chuck Schechner Reports:
He sees those patients the day after, because there’s a tendency to ignore medical issues on Thanksgiving Day and to postpone getting help. Often it involves those patients ignoring their diets.
But Friday is also a day many people put up those Christmas decorations, climbing ladders onto the roof. That brings falls and broken arms and legs
Dr. Genzel says they’re staffed up and ready all through the holiday season.
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck