Reporting Brendan Higgins
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison’s ‘Achieve Act’ is getting a failing grade from some North Texans. Two members of the North Texas ‘Dream Team’ — a group of undocumented young adults and teenagers — delivered a letter to the Senator’s office in Dallas on Thursday afternoon. The letter calls Hutchison’s immigration reform proposal a “half-hearted” attempt to give visas to undocumented young people. They said that it provides no real path to U.S. citizenship.
Hutchison spoke with CBS 11 News over the phone on Friday morning to respond to the criticism. See her interview in the video below.
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck