Local

Dallas Hotel Fire Attributed To Electrical Short

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Investigators are attributing an unspecified electrical short for the three-alarm fire that occurred at a hotel in downtown Dallas on Saturday.

In a statement from the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department, investigators determined that the fire at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Elm Street started in the electrical chase, “where an unspecified electrical short caused significant damage to the bus bar inside of it.”

Though the fire did not leave significant damage to the structure, the “damage to the chase was severe enough that most of the building was rendered powerless.”

According to hotel management, all 387 guests who were listed as staying at the hotel were safely evacuated. Firefighters escorted guests by floor to retrieve their personal effects from their rooms. Accommodations were made at sister properties for all guests.

The incident began on Saturday at 2:49 p.m., when Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to a 911 call.

Firefighters located the fire in the south stairwell on the third floor and quickly moved to extinguish it.

Several people were treated at the scene with non life-threatening injuries. One person was taken to the hospital after suffering an unspecified burn injury.

The damage to the $16 million building was limited to $25,000.

Also Check Out: